United Way of Orange County’s Mission
Our mission is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. United Way supports organizations that provide a wide range of vital social services. Giving through United Way is an easy and convenient way to support many good causes throughout the year.
Criteria to Become a Partner Agency
- Agency must have non-profit status as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Agency must offer a program that addresses a clearly demonstrated community need in reference to at least one of three areas of United Way focus of health, education, or financial stability.
- Agency must provide needs or services to residents of at least one of the following zip codes: 77611, 77614, 77626, 77630, 77631, 77632, 77639, 77662, 77670.
- Agency services must be available to citizens of the community without regard to race, religion, national origin, or political creed.
- Agency must maintain an active local governing board of adequate size, background, and diversity to represent the community, serving without compensation, holding regular, documented meetings (at least quarterly) and demonstrating effective administrative control. Minutes are to be available to United Way of Orange County upon request.
- Agency must be in existence for a minimum of three years. Agency must have annual audit or compiled financial statements for those three years completed by a Certified Public Accountant acceptable to the United Way. This requirement must be repeated for each subsequent funding request. Agencies must also submit their most current IRS Form 990.
2020 Grant Process Timeline for 2021 Funding
January 10th Letter of Intent (LOI) available online for interested agencies
February 4th Deadline to submit LOI
February 6th Invitations to apply sent to agencies
March 30th Applications due by 3:00 p.m.
March - April Agency Site Visits
April Agency Grant Request Presentations
May Agency Allocations Announced to Partner Agencies
2021 Agency quarterly reports due
2021 Agency grants paid quarterly
Our 2020 Parnter Agencies:
- Anayat House
- CASA of the Sabine Neches Region
- Crisis Center of Southeast Texas (Rape and Suicide)
- Family Services of SETX (Women and Children's Shelter)
- OCAA (Orange Community Action Association) - Meals on Wheels
- Recovery Council of Southeast Texas - Right Choice of Orange County
- Recovery Council of Southeast Texas - Unity Treatment Center
- Samaritan Counseling Center of Southeast Texas
- Shorkey Center
- Southeast Texas Hospice
- Spindletop Center - Tejas Center
- Boys' Haven
- Boy Scouts - Three Rivers Council
- GOALS (Greater Orange Area Literacy)
- Jackson Community Center
- OCARC, Inc.
- Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club
- YMCA of Southeast Texas
- Friends Helping Friends
- Salvation Army
- Vidor Children's Fund