Health. Education. Financial Stability. The building blocks of a successful life.
Advancing the Common Good
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: good health, a quality education that leads to a stable job, and enough income to support a family through retirement.
That’s why United Way’s work is focused on the building blocks for a good life:
- Health - Improving People's Health
- Education - Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Financial Stability - Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when people are healthy, when a child succeeds in school, and when families are financially stable.
United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems. Living united means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future. Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED.
Purpose of LOI
- To communicate interest in becoming/remaining a Partner Agency for United Way of Orange County.
- The LOI MUST be submitted online no later than February 4, 2020 to be eligible to apply for 2021 grant funding.
- Submission of the LOI does NOT guarantee funding from United Way of Orange County.
Click the link above to see additional details, and then submit the LOI if your agency believes it would qualify.
United Way of Orange County’s Mission
Our mission is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. United Way supports organizations that provide a wide range of vital social services. Giving through United Way is an easy and convenient way to support many good causes throughout the year.
Criteria to Become a Partner Agency
- Agency must have non-profit status as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Agency must offer a program that addresses a clearly demonstrated community need in reference to at least one of three areas of United Way focus of health, education, or financial stability.
- Agency must provide needs or services to residents of at least one of the following zip codes: 77611, 77614, 77626, 77630, 77631, 77632, 77639, 77662, 77670.
- Agency services must be available to citizens of the community without regard to race, religion, national origin, or political creed.
- Agency must maintain an active local governing board of adequate size, background, and diversity to represent the community, serving without compensation, holding regular, documented meetings (at least quarterly) and demonstrating effective administrative control. Minutes are to be available to United Way of Orange County upon request.
- Agency must be in existence for a minimum of three years. Agency must have annual audit or compiled financial statements for those three years completed by a Certified Public Accountant acceptable to the United Way. This requirement must be repeated for each subsequent funding request. Agencies must also submit their most current IRS Form 990.