Purpose of LOI
- To communicate interest in becoming/remaining a Partner Agency for United Way of Orange County.
- The LOI MUST be submitted online no later than January 22, 2021 to be eligible to apply for 2022 grant funding.
- Submission of the LOI does NOT guarantee funding from United Way of Orange County.
United Way of Orange County’s Mission
Our mission is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
Criteria to Become a Partner Agency
- Agency must have non-profit status as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Agency must offer a program that addresses a clearly demonstrated community need in reference to at least one of three areas of United Way focus of health, education, or financial stability.
- Agency must provide needs or services to residents of at least one of the following zip codes: 77611, 77614, 77626, 77630, 77631, 77632, 77639, 77662, 77670.
- Agency services must be available to citizens of the community without regard to race, religion, national origin, or political creed.
- Agency must maintain an active local governing board of adequate size, background, and diversity to represent the community, serving without compensation, holding regular, documented meetings (at least quarterly) and demonstrating effective administrative control. Minutes are to be available to United Way of Orange County upon request.
- Agency must be in existence for a minimum of three years. Agency must have annual audit or compiled financial statements for those three years completed by a Certified Public Accountant acceptable to the United Way. This requirement must be repeated for each subsequent funding request. Agencies must also submit their most current IRS Form 990.
2021 Grant Process Timeline for 2022 Funding
January 4th - LOI available online for interested agencies
January 22nd - Deadline to submit LOI
January 27th - Invitations to apply sent to agencies
March 19th - Applications due by 3:00 p.m.
March - April - Agency Site Visits
April - Agency Grant Request Presentations
May - Agency Allocations Announced to Partner Agencies
2022 - Agency quarterly reports due
2022 - Agency grants paid quarterly
All applicants will be REQUIRED to submit the following documents during the application process to be considered for funding:
- 501c3 Certification
- IRS Filed 990
- 4th Quarter Financials
- Organizational Budget
- Board of Directors List
- Completed Application